Resources for Members with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
How to Access Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Specialized Services
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Advisory Committee
OverviewOn April 14, 2015, the Governor’s Office established the statewide ASD Advisory Committee representing a broad range of stakeholders to address and provide recommendations to strengthen services for the treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Information about the Committee membership, workgroups, goals, meeting dates and minutes and final recommendations will be posted as they become available.
ASD Advisory Committee Report of Recommendations
On February 9, 2016, The ASD Committee finalized its recommendations to strengthen Arizona’s health care system to respond to the needs of AHCCCS members with or at risk for ASD.
The recommendations include both systems-level changes that will take time to implement as well as short-term activities that could more quickly enhance an understanding of the current system by the full range of stakeholders and improve access for AHCCCS members with ASD.
ASD Advisory Committee Report 02/09/2016
ASD Advisory Committee Report Addendum 03/01/2021
Rosters of ASD Advisory Committees
ASD Advisory Committee Formation
- Early Identification & Referrals
- May 3, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- December 2, 2015
- November 4, 2015
- September 30, 2015
- September 2, 2015
- July 8,2015
Additional Information and Updates
- National Professional Development Center/Autism Evidence-Based Practice Review Group at UNC Chapel Hill: Wong, C., Odom, S. L., Hume, K. Cox, A. W., Fettig, A., Kucharczyk, S., Schultz, T. R. (2014). Evidence-based practices for children, youth, and young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Chapel Hill: The University of North Carolina, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute, Autism Evidence-Based Practice Review Group.
Evidence-Based Practices for Children, Youth, and Young Adults with Autism
- The Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services commissioned a review of existing services for ASD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (2010). Autism Spectrum Disorders Services (ASDs): Final report on environmental scan. Baltimore, MD: Young, J., Corea, C., Kimani, J., & Mandell, D.
Autism Spectrum Disorders
- National Standards Project – Phase 2: National Autism Center, A Center of May Institute: National Autism Center. (2015). Findings and conclusions: National standards project, phase 2. Randolph, MA.
National Standards Project, Phase 2
- The Department of Health and Human Services and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality commissioned Vanderbilt University to complete a systematic review of the ASD research: Weitlauf A.S., McPheeters M.L., Peters B., Sathe N., Travis R., Aiello R., Williamson E., Veenstra-VanderWeele J., Krishnaswami S., Jerome R., Warren Z. Therapies for Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder: Behavioral Interventions Update. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 137. ASD Advisory Committee Report of Recommendations - Feb 2016 18 (Prepared by the Vanderbilt Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2012-00009-I.) AHRQ Publication No. 14-EHC036-EF. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; August 2014.
- Contemporary Pediatrics (Nov. 1, 2010): Autism: Clinical pearls for primary care.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) clinical reports: Identification and Evaluation of Children With ASD.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) clinical reports: Management of Children with ASD.
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP): Autism: Caring for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Resource Toolkit for Clinicians.
AHCCCS welcomes all public comments related to services for the treatment of ASD in the AHCCCS program. Please send all comments to ASD@azahcccs.gov.