Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus)
Maintenance on Federal Data Sources
April 6, 2015
Federal data sources used by Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) will not be available during scheduled maintenance times. When these federal data sources are not available, HEAplus will not be able to accept your application. We apologize for any inconvenience. Federal data sources will not available during the following times:
- Monday through Friday, 10:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arizona time.
- Saturday, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arizona time.
- Sunday, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arizona time.
December 17, 2013
IMPORTANT: If you are denied AHCCCS coverage for being over income, please apply for health care coverage at www.healthcare.gov.
If you apply on HEAplus and your AHCCCS application is denied for being over income, you must go to the Federal Marketplace to apply for health care coverage. You can do this by going online to www.healthcare.gov, open an account and complete your application.
October 29, 2013
Notice: Federal online application systems, including Data Service Hubs used by HEAPlus to confirm identity and other information, continue to experience technical difficulties. The Federal Government continues to work on improving its systems. If you are unable to complete the online application, please submit your application online at a later time. AHCCCS will do its best to update you timely once the federal data hub is available but the agency is dependent on receiving that notice from the federal government
"Go Live" is Saturday, 10/19/13
A decision was made to "go live" with Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) on Saturday, October 19, 2013. This date was selected because there is lighter system use on weekends, making it easier to manage the new system before the heavy work week use starts on Monday.
Before 10/19/13, HEAplus must be updated with application information entered in the current Health-e-Arizona (HEA) system during the prior 2 week period. This will require that access to HEA be stopped at 7:00 PM on Thursday, October 17, 2013. HEA will not be available on Friday, October, 18, 2013. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Effective October 1, the new website at www.healthearizonaplus.gov accepts all applications, including applications for childless adults and for the new expanded categories. HEAplus offers the most accurate, credible, real-time eligibility determinations for public assistance programs such as Medicaid, Cash Assistance and Food Stamps. HEAplus is finalizing the systems needed to streamline the eligibility process, resulting in better, faster services to members and the organizations that serve them. Applicants who donâ€™t qualify for Medicaid will be connected to the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace (FFM) where they may qualify for premium tax credits and cost sharing reductions.
HEAplus will look and feel familiar to current HEA users with new and improved features such as ID proofing to insure personal information is kept safe and secure. Other changes include utilizing state and federal data hubs to confirm information electronically and the option to receive notices and report changes electronically.
HEAplus Contact Information
HEAplus website: www.Healthearizonaplus.gov
Customer Support Center Phone #: 1-855-HEA-plus (1-855-432-7587)
Who Can Use HEAplus?
There are two ways to use HEAplus:
- Public Access to HEAplus Online - Anyone can access www.healthearizonaplus.gov from any internet connection. You can logon and create your own account.
- Become a HEAplus Subscriber - HEAplus subscribers are Contracted Community Partners that are part of the public/private partnership for eligibility. For more information on these partnerships, see below.
Contracted Community Partner Organizations
Today there are over 135 Contracted Community Partner Organizations in more than 300 locations throughout the State ready to help Arizonans apply online for AHCCCS Health Insurance, Nutrition Assistance (formerly Food Stamps) and TANF Cash Assistance, using HEAplus.
Trained application assistors from these organizations complete HEAplus applications during an interactive interview process. Applicants only need to sign the application at the end. With improved access to electronic data sources, assistors will be able to provide real-time eligibility determinations. Only if the system cannot verify income or citizenship through these electronic sources will supporting documentation be necessary. If that extra step is needed, the application assistors submit all verification documents to HEAplus electronically and track the outcome of the application, like they do today.
Some advantages of being a contracted Community Partner Organization include:
- Provide personalized support to your customers in their own community
- Help your customers apply for multiple programs in one process
- Real-time electronic verification of many eligibility factors
- Receive a customized, detailed list of the documents needed from the customer
- Electronic submission of the customer's documents to assure quick and secure receipt
- Track application status, including final eligibility results, for your customers without contacting state agencies
- Access easy monitoring of applications through the Workload Management features
- Improved communication with state agencies, when needed
How to Become a Contracted Health-e-Arizona Plus Community Partner
Here are the steps involved in becoming a Health-e-Arizona Plus Community Partner:
- Submit a HEAplus Community Partner Application form telling us about your organization and how you would like to use HEAplus. Each organization must have a HEAplus Site Administrator who will control access to the system by your staff. You will need to identify this person on the application form.
Sign the Subscription Agreement: After we receive your information, we will draft a subscription Agreement for your signature and send it to you by e-mail.
Pay the Set-up Fee: AHCCCS has also lowered the price to be a Community Partner. Modest subscription fees are charged to pay for the hosting, maintenance, and enhancement of the system. You will receive an invoice for the set-up fee from Social Interest Solutions. The set-up fee is $500 and is due when you submit your signed Subscription Agreement. One Subscription Agreement and $500 set-up fee covers all locations within your organization.
Monthly Fees begin with the month in which the subscription agreement is effective. Monthly fees are based on the number of users your organization chooses to include in the subscription agreement and your organization type. A link to the fee schedule is provided below:
- User Application Forms: User application forms are required from both the organization and each individual user before account access is approved in the HEAplus system. Links to information about submitting these forms and the required forms are available below.
Initial System Access: The following items must be received from your organization and processed before your organization can start using HEAplus:
- A signed Subscription Agreement
- The $500 set-up fee
- User Application forms
- Complete Training: The Health-e-Arizona Training Team offers initial and ongoing training to your staff. Monthly HEAplus training sessions for new users will be offered by web conference. Ongoing training opportunities will be available monthly by web conferences.
For more information, please contact an AHCCCS representative at HEAAHCCCS@azahcccs.gov