MCO Provider Training
Back to Basics
AHCCCS has developed an initiative called “Back to Basics” in an effort to refocus Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), on the foundational principles of access to preventative and wellness care for children and youth. Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) is the child health component of Medicaid. Federal statutes and regulations state that children under age 21 who are enrolled in Medicaid are entitled to EPSDT benefits and that States must cover a broad array of preventive and treatment services. Through EPSDT, AHCCCS covers a wide array of physical, behavioral and dental services for members under age 21 enrolled in Medicaid.
Back to Basics is a comprehensive and continual web training series that has been offered monthly to MCO EPSDT coordinators and Quality Management and Maternal Child Health (MCH) staff. After a module has been presented, the training material will be posted to the MCO Provider Training webpage on the AHCCCS website. It is AHCCCS’s expectation that health plan staff take the opportunity to attend the monthly web series and visit this page often for the resource material. The purpose of Back to Basics is to improve quality measure outcomes through focused attention on the fundamentals.
- Back To Basics Children's System of Care Overview
- Back To Basics Dental Measures and Fluoride Varnish
- Back To Basics Dental Overview
- Back To Basics Dental Sealants
- Back to Basics Immunizations 1 Final
- Back To Basics Immunizations 2 Final
- Back To Basics Immunizations 3
- Back To Basics Introduction and CRS Review
- Back To Basics Maternity Care 1 - 2017 Snapshot of AZ Perinatal Quality Data
- Back To Basics Maternity Care Part 1
- Back To Basics Maternity Care Part 2
- Back To Basics Newborn Screening