AHCCCS Complete Care: The Future of Integrated Healthcare
AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) begins on October 1, 2018. This new integrated system will join physical and behavioral health services together to treat all aspects of our members’ health care needs under a chosen health plan. AHCCCS Complete Care encourages more coordination between providers within the same network which can mean better health outcomes for members.
Here’s what members need to know
Who Does AHCCCS Complete Care Affect?
- Most adults on AHCCCS *
- Most children on AHCCCS *
*With a few exceptions for members who are also eligible for CRS services, AHCCCS Complete Care will not affect: Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) members, members determined to have a Serious Mental Illness, or children in foster care enrolled in the Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program (CMDP).
- Members will be able to access physical and behavioral healthcare services through a single ACC health plan.
- The health plan choices may change.
What’s Not Changing?
- Members will still have a choice of health plans in their geographic service area.
- Members will have access to the same array of covered services.
- Members will still have access to a network of providers.
- Regional Behavioral Health Authorities (RBHAs) will continue to provide specific crisis services.
- RBHAs will continue to serve members determined to have a Serious Mental Illness, children in foster care, and members served by Department of Economic Services/DDD.
- American Indian members will have the choice of enrolling in an ACC managed care plan or the American Indian Health Program (AIHP) and a Tribal RBHA when available. American Indian members will have the same access to Indian Health Services providers, Tribal 638 providers, and Urban Indian Health providers.
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) plans will remain the same.
What Happens Next?
March 8, 2018
New ACC health plans and service areas announced (see the list of bidders)
AHCCCS holds public forums to explain ACC changes and choices (schedule announced in March)
AHCCCS sends letters to members with assigned health plan information and choices
AHCCCS members make health plan choices by July 31.
October 1, 2018
Affected AHCCCS members begin service with integrated ACC health plans
More information about contractor bidding is available in the YH19-0001 AHCCCS Complete Care Bidders’ Library