Health Insurance for Adults, beginning January 1, 2014
Arizona law states that members added to this AHCCCS Adult Group may only get this coverage for as long as the Federal Government gives the State funding for this group. (A.R.S. 36-2901.01, 36-2901.07)
AHCCCS offers health insurance for adults age 19 to 64, who do not qualify for AHCCCS Medical Assistance (MA) in any of the following programs:
- Caretaker Relative;
- Pregnant Women;
- SSI-MAO (age 65 or older; blind or have a disability) and
- Young Adult Transitional Insurance (YATI).
For those who qualify, there are no monthly premiums. To learn more, select one of the following:
The applicant may qualify for this program if the applicant:
- Is an Arizona resident
- Age 19 to 64
- Does not qualify for Medicare
- Is not pregnant
- Is a United States citizen or a qualified immigrant
- Has a Social Security number or applies for one
- To apply for a Social Security number visit the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Make a copy of the form submitted as confirmation of applying for a Social Security Number
- Applies for potential income that may be available, such as unemployment, pensions, and Social Security
- When the individual is the primary caretaker of a child, the child must have insurance coverage
- Is under the income limit
- Is not eligible for any other group
This chart shows how much money the applicant can receive each month before taxes (gross income limit) and other deductions are subtracted.
|Household Size||Gross Monthly Income Limit Effective 02/01/2019|
|Each additional person $490*|
If the applicant is under age 26 and was in Foster Care through the Department of Economic Security (DES) on the their 18th birthday, they may qualify for AHCCCS Health Insurance regardless of how much money the person makes.
Please use the Applicants Menu on the left for information about how to apply, covered services, available health plans, and additional resources. For other questions, please contact us.