Young Adult Transitional Insurance (YATI), Children who were in Foster Care on their 18th Birthday, beginning January 1, 2014.
AHCCCS offers transitional medical care for children leaving foster care age 18 to 26. For those who qualify, there are no monthly premiums. To learn more, select one of the following:
The applicant may qualify for this program if the applicant:
- Is an Arizona resident
- Age 18 to 26
- Is a United States citizen or a qualified immigrant
- Has a Social Security number or applies for one
- To apply for a Social Security number visit the U.S. Social Security Administration&
- Make a copy of the form submitted as confirmation of applying for a Social Security Number
- Applies for potential income that may be available, such as unemployment, pensions, and Social Security
- Was in the custody of the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) foster care on the day the person turned age 18
- Was receiving AHCCCS Medical Assistance on the day the person turned age 18
There are no income limits for individuals in the YATI program.