Schedule a Well-care Visit for Back-to-School
Earn a $25 Gift Card
Healthy kids are ready to learn! Call your doctor to schedule your child’s well-care visit before school starts.
When your child completes a well-care visit with a primary care provider (PCP) or obstetrician/gynecologist (OB/GYN) between June 5 and September 5, 2023 they are eligible for a $25 gift card from your AHCCCS health plan.
Who is eligible?
- AHCCCS members ages 3-19 years,
- Who have not already completed a well-care visit in 2023, and
- Are enrolled in an AHCCCS managed care health plan.
Why is a well-care visit important?
Well-care visits help doctors track your child’s developmental progress, and give parents a chance to discuss any health concerns. At a well-care visit, your child’s doctor may:
- Provide routine vaccinations to protect against illnesses like measles, whooping cough, and other serious diseases,
- Track your child’s growth against developmental milestones, and
- Screen for other health issues, including physical and behavioral issues.
Here’s what others say about childhood well-care visits:
- American Academy of Pediatrics Preventive Care/Periodicity Schedule
- American Academy of Pediatrics Schedule of Well-Child Care Visits
- CDC’s Catch Up on Well-Child Visits and Recommended Vaccinations
See Frequently Asked Questions or contact your health plan to learn more.