AHCCCS Provider Enrollment Portal (APEP) to Launch in 2020
October 28, 2019
For the past several months, AHCCCS has been announcing the Spring 2020 launch of the new AHCCCS Provider Enrollment Portal (APEP) that will allow providers to:
- Enroll as an AHCCCS provider;
- Report changes to update their provider profile (such as phone and addresses, etc.);
- Upload and/or update licenses and certifications;
- Track submission and status of an application or update;
- And more, all online anytime of the day!
This change, from a 100% manual process to the new, automated system will streamline the provider enrollment process. Initial applications and updates to existing provider profiles will be processed quickly and efficiently.
In preparation for the APEP implementation, AHCCCS would like to announce an Application Transition Timeline to ensure that no applications are lost in the transition from the paper to the online application process.
Application Transition Timeline
- All new providers, reactivating providers, and changes to existing applications must be received by AHCCCS no later than December 12, 2019. This will ensure the timely processing of applications or requested changes through the current paper-based process.
- AHCCCS will begin to convert to the new APEP system on January 16, 2020 and the system will be fully operational on March 2, 2020. During this conversion period, AHCCCS must minimize the number of new applications, and will only accept urgent new or reactivation provider applications in rural or other critical areas where access to care may be impacted.
To access provider enrollment registration materials visit:
The transition to the new AHCCCS Provider Enrollment Portal will not affect the provider credentialing process that is administered by Managed Care Organizations (MCOs).
If you have questions please contact Provider Enrollment:
- 1-800-794-6862 (In State – Outside of Maricopa County)
- 1-800-523-0231 (Out of State)
Implementation updates will be emailed to subscribers, posted on the AHCCCS website, and published in the monthly Claims Clues newsletter.