HIE Onboarding Program
Health Current, Arizona’s health information exchange organization, offers a range of HIE services designed to integrate member information into care delivery. AHCCCS encourages Medicaid providers to send and receive member health data, referred to as bi- directionally sharing and using clinical information, to better inform providers care decisions. Federal funding is available until 2021 to support this connectivity. Interested providers can contact Health Current for more information about how to implement the exchange of electronic health records in their practice.
- Q1: How do I join Health Current?
- Q2: Does it cost anything for providers to join Health Current?
- Q3: Which providers are already participants with Health Current?
- Q4: Who are the leaders of Health Current?
- Q5: I am an Arizona health care provider who sees Medicaid patients, how can I find out more about how to join Health Current?
Q1: How do I join Health Current?
A: Once you contact Health Current, an account representative will meet with you to verify that you are a Medicaid provider and, if you qualify for assistance, Health Current will create interfaces between your organization and Health Current.
Q2: Does it cost anything for providers to join Health Current?
A: No, there are no fees from Health Current for community providers to become a participant at the HIE.
Q3: Which providers are already participants with Health Current?
A: Here is the list of current participants of Health Current: https://healthcurrent.org/hie/the-network-participants/.
Q4: Who are the leaders of Health Current?
A: As a non-profit organization, Health Current has full time staff and a Board of Directors which oversee its operations and activities. Here is a list of the Board Members: https://healthcurrent.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
Q5: I am an Arizona health care provider who sees Medicaid patients, how can I find out more about how to join Health Current?
A: To obtain additional program information and to determine your organization’s program eligibility, contact Health Current by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (602) 688-7200.
State and Federal Resources for Health Information Exchange
State of Arizona Medicaid Health Information Technology Plan (SMHP)– the AHCCCS 5 year Health Information Technology Plan.
CMS has provided the following guidance on how Medicaid administers HIE funding.
CMS Dear State Medicaid Directors Letters
- SMD 16-003- Availability of HITECH Administrative Matching Funds to Help Professionals and Hospitals Eligible for Medicaid EHR Incentive Payments Connect to Other Medicaid Providers.
- SMD 11-004 ARRA #9- Use of Administrative Funds to support health information exchange as part of the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program.
- SMD 10-016- Federal Funding for Medicaid HIT Activities .