Common Questions from AHCCCS Applicants
Q: Who can apply?
A: All Arizona residents can apply. If you are under age 18, you may apply for yourself and your children. However, if you are living with a parent(s),
you must include your parent(s) as part of your household. You can apply for a person or household as their representative.
You can have someone else apply for you as your representative.
Q: How long does it take to decide if I'm eligible for benefits?
A: Time frames vary by program.
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) - within 45 days
- AHCCCS Health Insurance - within 45 days; 20 days if pregnant
- AHCCCS Freedom to Work - within 45 days; 90 days if a disability determination is required
- Medicare Savings Programs - within 45 days
- KidsCare - within 30 days (Program currently capped)
Q: What are the requirements for reporting immigration violation?
A: The document below provides information about the AHCCCS policy regarding discovered violations of immigration law, as required under HB 2008.